Shape the future with excellence and innovative approaches
Numerous dynamic factors and trends are currently forcing companies to invest in change processes on many levels at the same time. These include increasing digitalization and changes in the macro-economic environment as well as the transformation of HR management and demographics. The trend towards "Lean Finance" is requiring streamlining of processes and cost structures, placing more focus on sustainable competitive advantages and achieving increases in profitability. All of these developments and the associated new risks and opportunities are affecting the risk management cultures of entire companies. For over 25 years now, we have been advising our clients in all areas of the complex framework of regulatory law, risk management and compliance. Based on this extensive experience, we provide support with professional excellence, technological foresight and innovative approaches.
- Regulatory law
- Risk management
- Our services at a glance
Comprehensive best-practice solutions for regulatory requirements
Consideration of our clients' entire value chains represents a key pillar of our core competencies in the regulatory environment. Restrictions and limitations due to standards must be recognized at an early stage of strategic planning to mitigate associated risks. We are thus capable of developing comprehensive approaches, which optimally account for the consequences of regulatory developments throughout an enterprise. At the same time, we take into account the impact on existing business models and corporate strategies, as well as the many other business and risk-oriented factors. The interdependence between compliance and risk management deserves particular attention in this regard.
We develop tailor-made solutions for you based on this and contribute our extensive experience to helping you implement these solutions in your organization's architecture all the way through to future-oriented modernization of your entire financial and risk architecture.
- Our services at a glance
- Implementation Solutions
Enterprise-wide risk transparency with an optimized data platform and flexible control
New risk landscapes with varied interdependencies have emerged in the business world. The number of risk issues resulting from this continues to rise in the global context. Significant adaptation and change measures are often required. This affects strategic decisions and business models just as fundamentally as the enterprise architecture along with the associated processes and data landscape. Defining a digital strategy, in particular, will be one of the most important items on the agenda in the next few years. Focus here will be placed on the comprehensive collection, analysis and use of digital information. Significant challenges are also associated with the issue of risk quantification, which is an important component of risk management. Qualitative factors, however, also continue to play an important role.
We consult and support you with our extensive expertise and many years of experience with regard to all these issues. Our solutions are holistic and consistently focus on the interactions between risk management and the affected functional and technical areas. Another focus of our services consists of establishing group-wide acquisition and processing of risk-relevant data and reports in short cycles and at the highest standards of quality, reliability and consistency (risk reporting). This interdisciplinary approach ensures company-wide risk transparency and provides effective control mechanisms, which closely integrate risk management with corporate governance. We can therefore create the structural and procedural conditions required to fully determine the opportunities and risks of your decisions and quickly meet external requirements.
Our services at a glance:
- Development and implementation of quantitative models,
- Conceptual design of the functional and technical requirements of quantitative models,
- Development and enhancement of internal risk control and risk management systems (ICS),
- Selection and implementation of standard software,
- Development of suitable and assessment methods,
- Development of software tools,
- Process optimization.
We design transformation processes through to full IT implementation. With regard to technical implementation for risk management, we rely on our longstanding expertise and standard applications from renowned partner companies as well as our own industry-specific developments. Standard applications in the context of risk management include:
- SAP including S4/HANA Finance, Closing Cockpit, Lumira, Web Intelligence, Crystal Reports, BPC
- Oracle (especially Business Intelligence and reporting modules)
- SAS including Advanced Analytics, Business Intelligence & Analytics, Cloud Analytics, Customer Intelligence, Data Management, Decision Management, Fraud & Security Intelligence, Performance Management, Risk Management, Solutions for Hadoop, Supply Chain Intelligence
In addition to this, we have acquired extensive practical experience with the matrix-based MATLAB language complemented by additional knowledge regarding numerical algorithmic programming.
- Our services at a glance
A strong compliance culture for the challenges of the future
Driven by a continual stream of new requirements, alignment of entire organizations with compliance guidelines will play an increasingly important role in the future. There are typical weak points that have to be addressed:
- Adequate early detection of compliance risks is often missing, which makes it impossible to effectively avert criminal economic and financially harmful acts or reputational damage, for example.
- The suffered damages are often insufficiently analyzed or concealed.
- Restrictions placed on the business model by standards (national, EU, international) are not fully realized or recognized too late.
- Fine-tuning of the internal control system (ICS) is internally and externally flawed and corporate culture is not characterized by integrity as a whole.
When it comes to resolving these issues, ifb serves as a specialized partner with an integrative mindset. We use our interdisciplinary expertise to support you with individual issues, and in the design and implementation of enterprise compliance management systems with a consistent data infrastructure. We assist you in establishing a culture of integrity with a binding code of conduct. We design the functional and technical connection of all necessary qualitative and quantitative elements, and create clearly defined processes, competences and responsibilities. At the same time, we introduce a binding compliance framework and ensure a transparent flow of information. With our risk-oriented audit-related approach, we comprehensively cover the full compliance context including accounting, risk management, governance and reporting.
Our services at a glance:
- Comprehensive hazard and risk analysis (fraud, risk inventory), determination of loss potentials and definition of potential functional and technical countermeasures
- Comprehensive advisory services on selected compliance issues
- Development of manuals, coaching, training measures or seminars
- Development of methods and systems to support the compliance organization (e.g. problem pattern recognition to prevent money laundering)
- Investigations (forensic services)
Our wide range of services provides you with measurable added value in the following forms:
- Significant reduction of damages
- The effective limitation and control of risks
- A company culture characterized by integrity
- The utmost regulatory compliance with the greatest possible process efficiency